THE SELL OUT OF AMERICA BY THE GANG OF EIGHT
The five-year-old Senate Bill 1070 to eliminate all sanctuary cities in Arizona, “America’s toughest anti-illegal immigration law, has had a dramatic impact on Arizona. We are a better place in spite of the liberal courts, the left and the chamber of corruption.
Please consider: In early 2009, an ABC News report called Phoenix “the kidnapping capital of America, with more incidents than any other city in the world outside of Mexico City.” The number of reported kidnappings has dropped significantly since 2008. Also, taxpayers have saved millions of dollars in K-12 education and social costs with fewer illegal aliens in classrooms and receiving services.
Prior to implementation of SB 1070, liberal doomsayers predicted widespread and rampant racial profiling by police. They envisioned anyone with so much as a tan being pulled over to verify their residency status. Nothing could be further from the truth.
I know it is popular with the left to attack the police and defend the criminal thugs, but the highly trained, professional men and women of Arizona’s state, county and local law enforcement agencies did the job. Implementing Arizona’s tough new law with great success – and with none of the problems envisioned by the anti-police, anti-1070 special interests.
Arizona citizens continue to pay billion to educate, medicate and incarcerate illegal aliens. This is why I call upon my fellow citizens to join me in opposing any form of Amnesty that rewards law breakers as if we have no choice. Like the latest amnesty/citizenship bill attempted in Washington by the gang of eight. According to the Heritage Foundation’s analysis, the billions we pay today are but one-third of our eventual tab a decade from now if this legislation would ever be signed into law.
The “Gang of Eight” continue to ignore the risk and cost to America and Americans as this kind of legislation risks America’s financial and national security. This continued sell out of America is the epitome of everything that is wrong, backward and corrupt in Washington.
Eight U.S. Senators who proposed the legislation, including Arizona’s John McCain and Jeff Flake, plus Senator Graham and contributor Rubio unveiled this sham “comprehensive” immigration reform package under the cover of darkness. As America continued healing from the devastation of the cowardly terrorist attack of 9-11 by illegal aliens and allowed because of Sanctuary Policies, Boston terrorist attacks, carried out by one bombing suspect who should have been deported years ago for domestic violence and another suspect who was rewarded instead with citizenship, these cowardly Senators waited until 2 a.m. to introduce a 844-page boondoggle.
Then, the Senate Judiciary Committee scheduled its first hearings on this scheme just two days later. Does anyone believe these U.S. Senators, and the “experts” testifying before the committee, read 844-pages of legalese in just two days? No, of course not. I would have hoped the Senate would have learned with “Obamacare” how dangerous it is to pass a law without knowing what’s in the bill. But when politics is allowed to take precedence over the American people, this is the price we will always pay.
But, as anyone who has studied Washington, Congress, and in particular, the U.S. Senate’s dealings concerning immigration issues has learned, what senators tell us rarely has any sort of relationship with the truth.
Let me remind you of the damage it would have on America, this sham of a bill, it would have:
- Granted amnesty to 12-25 million illegal aliens in the United States who arrived before 2012 and puts them all on a direct path to citizenship. All that’s required is the Secretary of “Homeland Insecurity” issue “plans” to secure the border … really we trust Obama while he openly has a NO Enforcement policy?
- Not only rewarded millions of illegal aliens with a path to citizenship, including anyone up to 35 years of age who says they were here before 16 and no investigation allowed. But those who entered before the age of 16 on an expedited path to citizenship in just five years regardless of their current age, as high as 35 years old.
- Allows previously deported illegal aliens to apply for amnesty if they are the spouse, parent or child of a U.S. citizen or green card holder.
- Waives all conditions and grants immediate green cards to amnestied illegal aliens if their case is tied up in court for more than 10 years.
- Finally, and contrary to their initial promises, the Gang of Eight bill granted complete amnesty to employers who intentionally hired illegal workers using fake identification, according to U.S. Senator Jeff Sessions.
Contrary to what liberals believe, I support legal immigration and I oppose illegal immigration. Our open borders keep letting very bad people in and American suffer as a result.
The “Gang of Eight” bill wasn’t a serious bill. It was a political ploy put forth by people trying to win elections, not solve America’s problems. Congress has a 15 percent approval rating because this is how it conducts business. I urge my fellow Americans to oppose such corruption and put America First.
Russell Pearce, former President of the Arizona State Senate and Chief Deputy to Sheriff Joe of the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office